The Tennessee Athletics Hospitality office manages the premium seating areas inside Neyland Stadium on the University of Tennessee campus during home football games. As a branch of the Tennessee Athletics program, we are the face for clients and premium donors who are using the Tennessee Terrace, Club, and Skybox levels inside Neyland Stadium.
Our students serve in these premium areas during the 7 home football games that UT hosts. *Working all of the 7 home football games is mandatory for this position!
We have a few different positions that our students rotate between during a football game including some of the tasks below:
- Welcome Team: This position is one of the first interactions guests will have upon entering Neyland Stadium. You will greet and welcome our guests as they enter the premium area gates. You will work very closely with game-day security to validate tickets, wristband guests, and direct them to their designated areas/floors. Must be personable and friendly.
- Elevator Attendant: Greet guests and take them to their designated floor. The premium areas are very exclusive and it's vital that guests only get off on their designated floor. This position is about going the extra mile to display a welcoming attitude (and you just never know who might get on the elevator with you - so have your elevator speech ready)! This position needs to retain an extensive knowledge of the stadium, seating locations/sections, key stadium personnel, policies, and emergency activity procedures.
- Floats: Monitor the assigned areas for issues, maintain the appearance of each space, identify opportunities to make lasting memories for our guests, float around the assigned locations, and assist other team members or directors as needed. This position jumps in wherever is needed, reporting any issues to game-day staff.
- Hosting: Centrally located off the elevators on each premium area floor, directing guest to their designated suites/sky boxes, answering questions, etc.
- Suite Ambassador: This position is the only position that does not rotate on a game-day. If you are selected to be a Suite Ambassador, you will work with the same set of suites/donors for all home games. Responsibilities include prepping your suites with ice, cups, and game-day promotional materials prior to guest arrival. Identify, receive, and quickly act upon requests or complaints from guests; refer serious problems to the Director/Assistant Director on duty. This position is one-on-one with the suite holders/guests that will help create/build special skills in donor-client relationships.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Be a team player with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Provide quality guest service and assistance to clients, guests, and other team members.
- Enjoy meeting and interacting with a diverse group of people.
- Be attentive to the needs and professionally responsive to the demeanor of all guests, providing proactive assistance to all with the highest level of customer service.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communication, and problem-solving.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work ALL 7 home football games as scheduled (flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Attend the mandatory FANgineer Academy (job orientation) prior to the start of the season - date is TBD.
Our FANgineers are an essential part of engineering the fan's game day experience and will help build memories to last a lifetime. They will exude Neyland Stadium's standard of service to provide a safe, clean, comfortable, professional environment for guests and staff alike while building those lasting memories for everyone.
This job is great for anyone looking to gain experience in sport hospitality, sport operations, business hospitality, customer relations or general management/operational duties
Interested in applying?
Fill out the application below!
The hiring manager will be in contact after your application has been reviewed.